Frequently Asked Questions – Yoga Therapy
Who could benefit from Yoga Therapy?
Do you have a chronic condition that prevents you from feeling great?
Do you live with a disease that puts stress on you both physically and mentally?
Are you recovering from recent surgery, injury, or illness?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, yoga therapy may be the solution for you.
What is Yoga Therapy?
Yoga therapy adapts the practice of Yoga to the needs of people with chronic conditions. Listed below are some medical issues improved through the use of yoga therapy.
What conditions are helped by Yoga Therapy?
– Chronic Pain: Back problems (i.e. Disc problems, Spinal Stenosis, SI Joint Pain)
– Arthritis & Joint Pain: Neck, Shoulder, Hip, Knee & Recovery from surgery / injury
– Chronic Illness: Diabetes, Fibromyalgia, Multiple Sclerosis, Lupus, Parkinson’s,
– Breathing Difficulties: COPD, Asthma, Emphysema
– Stress related Issues: Depression, Anxiety, Panic Attacks
– Health & Aging Issues: Heart Disease, Osteoporosis, Insomnia, Weight management
What can I expect from a Yoga Therapy session?
Yoga Therapy focuses on client specific health issues. I meet with clients to discuss their wellness goals, review their health history and conduct an initial evaluation. The client and I work together and develop a results based program that meets their needs. This personalized approach compliments conventional medicine and with adaptive yoga practices creates a more balanced approach to daily living.
While each session is tailored to meet your needs, it will include breathing exercises, adaptive poses, relaxation techniques and/or meditation. Sessions are about an hour long and are conducted in the privacy of your home or offsite location.
How can I determine if Yoga Therapy is right for me?
Clients who have exhausted other avenues to healing have seen results through this integrative whole person approach. Yoga Therapy is an investment in your future and the possibilities for regaining your health are endless.
Please call me for a free phone consultation to determine if yoga therapy can benefit you.